We have an excellent opportunity for an ambitious, self-driven individual to join our thriving and ground-breaking company as an Audit Senior.
The role primarily involves conducting audits from planning through to completion. You will be working within a very friendly organisation where you will be recognised and rewarded for quality work. Ideally, the successful candidate will be either working towards completing AAT Level 4 or ACA/ACCA and have experience working with accountancy practices. Candidates qualified by experience will also be of interest with the right skill and personality fit.
The Audit Senior will be responsible for the development of the audit team and will supervise, motivate and develop the team of junior audit staff. This role is required to review the work of junior personnel, as well as developing their skills and providing training and support. The Audit Senior will be working on audits both within the office and on external audits predominantly in the Gloucestershire, Worcestershire and Wiltshire areas, but also further afield. The client base will include corporate, charity, Academy school and SRA audits. The geographical spread of our client base offers flexibility for the location of the successful candidate.
Tasks within the Audit Senior role will include:
• Liaising with clients to complete audit requirements
• Preparing audit fieldwork both at office and clients’ premises
• Planning audit work
• Completing audit work in timeframe efficiently and accurately
• Reviewing team members’ work for accuracy and compliance
• Reporting and presenting findings to the business, making recommendations for solutions and improvements to policies / procedures
• Drafting final accounts and CT reports
• Budgeting for audit work
• Assisting juniors with training and workload
• Developing key relationships with clients.
• Working closely with and assisting the accounts team
The ideal candidate will fulfil the following requirements:
• Experienced and qualified (AAT level 4/ACA/ACCA or qualified by experience)
• Knowledge and experience of UK GAAP and International Auditing Standards (UK and Ireland)
• The capability to supervise, lead and inspire members of staff
• Be results driven, with excellent planning and organisational skills
• Exceptional analytical ability and be experienced at making recommendations
• In depth understanding of auditing and control practices
• Experience with corporate tax return preparation and review
• Excellent communication skills, both verbally and written
• Excellent IT Skills (full training will be given on appropriate software)
• Looking for progression with a thriving practice
We have a competitive remuneration package based on experience and qualifications, with study support included if required and we encourage ongoing professional development and career progression throughout the business.
For further details and to arrange an informal chat please contact Rob Stokes on email@example.com or 01793 538198.
Applications should be submitted via firstname.lastname@example.org with a CV and covering letter.