Trainee Accountant (Apprenticeship)
by Tracey Heath
Published on 15th June 2023
We have a superb opening for an ambitious, self-driven individual to join our growing Accountancy team in a modern, innovative and progressive company.
The role offers a superb opportunity for someone who is forward thinking and career driven to help enhance the growth of the company and achieve their personal career prospects as a consequence.
Optimum are committed to delivering the highest quality, customer focused accountancy service and the successful candidate will have exposure to the full range of business circumstances, from sole traders to limited companies with a matching range of the straightforward and complicated situations to hone their skills on.
The ideal candidate:
- Proven soft skills including; communication skills, emotional intelligence, confidence, team player, good time management, adaptable, problem solver, motivated, good work ethic, high level of attention to detail.
- No experience required however; we do require a serious desire to pursue a career in accountancy since this is a study funded position.
- IT literacy in MS office products. Working experience in Excel desirable.
- Good numeracy skills essential.
- Understand the importance of providing outstanding levels of customer service, and be willing to go above and beyond to deliver.
- Processing financial information in Xero, and other accounting software
- Making year/period end adjustments in accounting software
- Preparing accounts for review using our internal work programmes
- Liaising with clients on accounting queries
- Assisting with business and personal tax computations
- Assisting with VAT Returns
- Carrying out audit testing as part of an audit team
- Supporting the directors and other team members, as required
We have a competitive remuneration package based on experience and qualifications and we encourage ongoing professional development and career progression throughout the business.
Job Types: Full-time, Apprenticeship
- Additional leave
- Bereavement leave
- Company events
- Free or subsidised travel
- Free parking
- On-site parking
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Swindon: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- A-Level or equivalent (required)